Jul 7, 2008

Travel



My children are spending half of their summer vacation in Puerto Rico and leave early tomorrow morning.

Their clothes are washed and packed. Last minute items will be added to the luggages tonight. Travel bags (with things to entertain them on the plane) will be packed up tonight and everything will be put in the car before we end our evening.

It's the last night I will spend with my children until August.

No debates in the background as I make dinner.
No complaints about cleaning their rooms.
No "mommy, can I sleep with you?" from my daughter.
No "I love you." No kisses. No hugs.
No joking around or laughing at our silly ways.

I've said I can't wait for the kids' trip to PR... it's time for me to relax, take a break from my mommy duties. But, in reality, it's not the complete picture.

My kids are my life. I rise with them on my mind and I fall asleep the same way. I'm constantly wondering if they're ok, and if they have everything they need for their day.

I know they love visiting our family in Puerto Rico. I remember loving my visits as a child. But I'm going to miss them terribly!! They haven't left yet and I can't wait til they get back home!

Lord, you are in all of your creation. Protect and guide my children as they set out to travel. Make their ways safe and their homecomings joyful. Let them have your wisdom so that they make good and right choices in all the places that they go. Give them safe traveling companions and let them not be lonely. Amen.

0 Comments: