Aug 26, 2008

Where My Inspiration Lies

Where Does Your Inspiration Lie?

As a child, my dreams were endless… Aaahh, to be a doctor, lawyer, mechanic (don’t ask lol), accountant, actress… to be rich, famous, a star in my own world! No wrongs. No worries. Everything good brought my way.

A little older, I realized I can still have these wishes but I have to work towards them. That’s when I started re-analyzing my goals… doctor – well, too much school for me. Lawyer – wasn’t really my aspiration but more my mom’s for me. Mechanic – lol – no… you get the point.

A few more years go by; I see that even with “a plan” my road is not going to be easy, regardless of the goal I try to accomplish. Welcome to adulthood.

This is, I’m sure, a cycle we’ve all gone through or are still going through. Decisions are made and re-made. Plans are set and rescheduled. But through it all, focus is not lost.

God has given me many skills, talents, blessings of which I intend to use for His will. I intend to serve Jehovah-ra-ah, the Lord my shepherd. My relationship with the most high God will set forth a path for my children to follow.

A path of love and salvation.
A path that can only be placed by our Lord and Savior.

My foundation in Christ will set an example for others. My steadfast devotion to our beloved Father will ignite a fire within others to seek the tranquility and unconditional love that He provides. My words, spoken or written, will inspire others to build upon His rock. My actions intended or not, will exemplify His righteousness.

I’ve been down many roads.
I’ve traveled near and far in life’s circumstances.
Some bitter sweet.
Some that should’ve been avoided.

But in my travels I have found the path I was meant to tread. The path truly intended for me. My walk in Christ.

My inspiration comes from Him.

John 15:5
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

Isaiah 55:6-9
Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

0 Comments: