Jul 7, 2009

The White Squall

I haven't written; I've had writer's block.
I haven't expressed myself; I've had an emotional wall.
I haven't spoken; I've been mute.
I haven't read; I've had my mind closed.

Minor cuts and scrapes. Penny sized bruises. Minute infractions. Diminutive at a glance; there's no need to share the affliction. The big things seemed so monstrous; the little things seemed so effortless.

With a white squall amidst, a massive wave crashes upon my squandered time. The realization set in… the swell which has enveloped my days was an accumulation of little things. It wasn't the big things after all.

I carry the affliction. I bare it on my shoulders. I see its weight in my eyes. I hear the imperfections in my voice. I feel the millstones in my heart.

So how to rid myself of this well developed burden? A burden whose heaviness is more savage than an innocent prey succumbing to a lion's vicious maul?

As I stammer across the fields of time, I bring every weight with me; slowly reaching a sordid pit. I take one burden at a time, gradually peeling each layer of sin off my surface and placing it at the foot of the cross.

For I know the voice of joy and the voice of gladness.
For I know 'not a trace will be left of the wicked or their families. The Lord protects His people, and they can come to Him in times of trouble. The Lord helps them and saves them from the wicked because they run to Him.'

And with this knowledge I bring the swell which has consumed me. I bring my battered and injured soul. I bring my heart, my mind, myself; all pieces of me.

I peel away the imperfections. I praise my Almighty Father. I pray for his mercy. I read and learn of His ways and wishes for me.

And in this the white squall subdues. What began as minute infractions; what brought me to a sordid pit has diminished at His feet! Now with hands raised high, I celebrate the grandeur of our Lord in a pinnacle of revelry!

Dare I share my story… Dare I speak of my defeats and triumphs… Dare I share stories of His glory…

Dare you listen and heed these words wholeheartedly?

by: DeAna Colon

1 Comment:

Marisol said...

WOW! This is the best thing I have read in a long time. It spoke directly to me...like you read my mind and my heart. Keep writing!!!!