Feb 4, 2009

Acquainted With Grief


Today marks the 10 yr anniversary of my father's passing. Although it's easier to cope with as the years go by, there is still, and will always be, a part of me that misses him terribly.

To a hero through his daughter's eyes...
Dec 24, 1952 - Feb 4, 1999

I've gotten used to missing you,
My grief's begun to ease;
I don't sit down to write you notes
Or phone to shoot the breeze.
When in a crowd someone may laugh
Or sound a lot like you;
And then the pain will grip my heart
And flood my soul anew.

I've gotten used to missing you,
I'm learning day by day
To focus on good memories
And put the rest away.
On strong days I scan photographs
Of happy times we knew;
I picture Jesus in my mind
And place Him next to you.

I've gotten used to missing you,
And though it's been ten years;
I still am just a thought away
From aching and from tears.
But my sorrow will have an end,
So let the teardrops pour;
Until I'm once again with you
And the One who loves you more.

0 Comments: